View My Stats

Fans---->Facebook

Monday, September 16, 2013

Can Moo Moo

Food Budget is going well. I have to think long term to save extra $$$. And I am a major milk drinker. And space in my home doesn't allow me to buy 5-6 gallons and store for an entire month. So I got to researching different sorts of milk options. And I found the saving grace to my Moo Moo problem
                                                      http://www.wincofoods.com/


Idaho milk $3.49 for a gallon of milk compared to 1 3 lb can
23.25 Quarts = 5.8125 Gallons (5.8125 X's $3.49 ='s 20.28) $13.98 at Walmart but we spent less then that at WinCo around $12.00 - that's a $7-8 savings. Now we will start saving more as well buy the bigger bulk.


I am so not kidding about saving money. I will always continue to do so but for this next year its life or death for us. And so the search goes on about saving anything we can to get into our new home.

Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe

Equivalent to 14oz can, generic label =$1.99
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar ($0.22)
  • 3 TBSP butter ($0.24)
  • 1 cup nonfat instant dry milk powder ($0.5)
  • dash salt
Briskly whisk the ingredients together and bring to a full boil (start over low heat and gradually increase). Remove from heat and allow to cool before use or storage.

Evaporated Milk Recipe

Equivalent to 12oz can, generic label = $0.84
  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • 1 cup nonfat instant dry milk ($0.59)
Place the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome all comments. Please be respectful and helpful. We do not do well with rude comments. So have fun and leave a comment thats worth for everyone to read. Also if your wanting a review done on a product/website/giveaway please email me at MountainManGeorgeReviews@gmail.com