This ole guy gets to be a kid again. My church calling is a Webelos Leader. And at first, I was thinking: Me? How? Why? and God just grin and said "Because I love you my Son and I believe in you"
What is a Webelos?
4th and 5th grade boys to prepare to join a Boy Scout troop all within the 20 month requirement. The goal is to get your 20 badges before you move to the big leagues Compass Point Emblem and Metal Compass Points. Finally, Webelos work toward the Arrow of Light.
What do they do?
Work toward earning activity badges. Demonstrate religiosity, and know the basics about Boy Scouts, such as the Outdoor Code.
Webelos Den Leader is a registered volunteer BSA position. Every Webelos Den is required to have a registered den leader whose responsibilities are:
- Work directly with other den and pack leaders to ensure that the den is an active and successful part of the pack.
- Plan, prepare for, and conduct den meetings with the assistant den leader and den chief.
- Attend pack leaders' meetings.
- Lead the den at pack meetings and activities.
- Ensure the transition of Webelos scouts to Boy Scouts
My first day was a joyful one. I got to help and build - which means tools. Yep my wife is nodding her head big time over there. The Webelos each built their own stools. And I must say, I think they've done this before because each one was done with such ease. Proud of each of them!!