View My Stats

Fans---->Facebook

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mountain Man George is a Webelos Leader

Honored!

This ole guy gets to be a kid again. My church calling is a Webelos Leader. And at first, I was thinking: Me? How? Why? and God just grin and said "Because I love you my Son and I believe in you"

What is a Webelos?
4th and 5th grade boys to prepare to join a Boy Scout troop all within the 20 month requirement. The goal is to get your 20 badges before you move to the big leagues Compass Point Emblem and Metal Compass Points. Finally, Webelos work toward the Arrow of Light.

What do they do?
Work toward earning activity badges. Demonstrate religiosity, and know the basics about Boy Scouts, such as the Outdoor Code.

WEBELOS

Me:
Webelos Den Leader is a registered volunteer BSA position. Every Webelos Den is required to have a registered den leader whose responsibilities are:
  1. Work directly with other den and pack leaders to ensure that the den is an active and successful part of the pack.
  2. Plan, prepare for, and conduct den meetings with the assistant den leader and den chief.
  3. Attend pack leaders' meetings.
  4. Lead the den at pack meetings and activities.
  5. Ensure the transition of Webelos scouts to Boy Scouts
Why am I so honored? As a city boy from Miami, I did not get the chance to join such a thing. And then when my two sons (who are now in their late 20's) wanted nothing to do with the outside world, I thought my only shot was grandchildren. Only to my great joy this came first. I jumped and leaped. I am Mountain Man George and it goes hand in hand with what the Webelos are all about. And I have to say, I am so lucky to have this group of young fine mini men (as my wife says). They are about complete team work, polite, follow the rules and strive with all their might to do their best while wearing a happy smile.

My first day was a joyful one. I got to help and build - which means tools. Yep my wife is nodding her head big time over there. The Webelos each built their own stools. And I must say, I think they've done this before because each one was done with such ease. Proud of each of them!!





 
As I venture in guiding/teaching/learning from the Webelos, I bare my testimony that this great nation is one that I love, respect and honor and I will always give my best to serving. As I grow in my strength in serving others, I will always give back to all that has been given to me.
 
 
Mountain Man George Reviews:
Is looking for sponsors for giveaways/reviews and we hope you can support our online store

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome all comments. Please be respectful and helpful. We do not do well with rude comments. So have fun and leave a comment thats worth for everyone to read. Also if your wanting a review done on a product/website/giveaway please email me at MountainManGeorgeReviews@gmail.com