View My Stats

Fans---->Facebook

Monday, July 15, 2013

Fields of Gold of A Farmers Dream


Fields of Gold of a Farmers Dream….

 This is a common sight for the Idaho fields in our area.  You can find thousands of acres of cut grass.  I am new to this visual site, after all I am a city boy and not by choice. I do blame my parents for that lol. Allergies are bumped up to the point of blurry vision and scratchy throat, but I would not have it any other way. For the more fields there are the less people you come across. It is not that I don’t like people because indeed I do. I just happen to be a place in my life where peace is sought.

 

This is cutting day, but it has to lay there until it is dried. And then they will come and bail it. Now that is a cool process. From what I understand a bale of hay averages around $3-5 a bale. Some folks can have up to a 1000 bale of hay. So weather plays a big key to their success. The farmers this year had a rain called the “Million Dollar Rain” – meaning a blessing of rains to produce a healthy batch of product.

 

For me, it’s a beautiful sight but also give my prayer to the farmers who can now eat this winter. Funny what we see as beauty is another person income. Support your local farmers, because when they hurt so do we.


PLEASE SUPPORT OUR ONLINE STORE
(July is our hardest month)
www.etsy.com/shop/MrsCraftyRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome all comments. Please be respectful and helpful. We do not do well with rude comments. So have fun and leave a comment thats worth for everyone to read. Also if your wanting a review done on a product/website/giveaway please email me at MountainManGeorgeReviews@gmail.com